About Western Aircraft
Over the years, Western Aircraft has become one of the West’s largest aircraft services companies, offering maintenance, aircraft sales, avionics sales & installation, aircraft parts sales, FBO services, airline fueling, aircraft charters, and aircraft management. But we certainly didn’t start out big.
Western Aircraft began as the corporate flight department for the Morrison Knudsen Corporation (MK), headquartered in Boise, Idaho, over 60 years ago. In response to an overwhelming need for aircraft repair services, in 1957 the Company applied for and received its first FAA Certified Repair Station Certificate.
During the 1980s, three more hangars were added, and the company became a wholly owned subsidiary of MK Inc., operating under the name of Western Aircraft Inc. In 1995 it was purchased by Al Hilde, Jr. and Allen Hoyt. Over the next twelve years, the company became the world’s largest PC-12 dealer and an Authorized Falcon Service Center, among other things.
In July 2007, Western Aircraft was purchased by Greenwich AeroGroup, making it one of ten aerospace companies within the group. On-going improvements and investments in people, training, tooling, technology and facilities have help us provide our customers with personalized service and technical expertise.
Today, Western Aircraft is an authorized service center, certified aircraft repair station (FE6R532N) and worldwide distributor of parts and avionics for many of the world’s top aircraft manufacturers and OEMs such as Dassault Falcon, Pilatus, Hawker, Beechcraft, King Air, Cessna, Piper, Quest, Honeywell and Collins. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Physical Plant Information
- Hours of operation: Mon – Fri 6am – 11pm; Sat & Sun 6am – 8pm. Call out service available.
- Western Aircraft has five major hangars totaling 80,000 square feet, not including office area. Our ramp and line services can easily handle the largest of aircraft.
- A 14,000 square foot Parts Sales and warehouse facility, housing more than 18,000 line item parts, totaling over $10 million in inventory.
- Our Line Service/FBO, an AvFuel branded FBO, pumps over 18 million gallons of fuel annually.
- 260,000 square feet of ramp space to accommodate the largest corporate aircraft.
- Heated hangar space, a private terminal with a comfortable pilot’s lounge and flight planning area.